L3808 (WRIST HAND FINGER ORTHOSIS, RIGID WITHOUT JOINTS, MAY INCLUDE SOFT INTERFACE MATERIAL; STRAPS, CUSTOM FABRICATED, INCLUDES FITTING AND ADJUSTMENT)
- The device is individually made for a specific patient using basic materials in uncut or unshaped forms which involves substantial work such as vacuum forming, cutting, bending, molding, sewing, drilling, and finishing before a patient fitting.
- Meets DMEPOS Quality Standards (Appendix C) definition for custom fabrication.
- A static rigid or semi-rigid palmar or dorsal design that extends from the forearm to the wrist, hand and fingers.
- Includes all interface materials and closures.
- Immobilizes the wrist, hand and fingers.