L3923 (HAND FINGER ORTHOSIS, WITHOUT JOINTS, MAY INCLUDE SOFT INTERFACE, STRAPS, PREFABRICATED ITEM THAT HAS BEEN TRIMMED, BENT, MOLDED, ASSEMBLED, OR OTHERWISE CUSTOMIZED TO FIT A SPECIFIC PATIENT BY AN INDIVIDUAL WITH EXPERTISE)
- The device is manufactured in quantity without a specific beneficiary in mind.
- Meets the DMEPOS Quality Standards (Appendix C) definition of more than minimal self-adjustment which requires the modification of the device to be fit by an individual with expertise.
- A static rigid palmar or dorsal design that extends from the hand to the metacarpophalangeal joints, and fingers.
- Includes all interface materials and closures.
- Supports or immobilizes the metacarpophalangeal joints, hand and fingers.
Corresponding prefabricated off-the-shelf HCPCS code:
- L3924 - HAND FINGER ORTHOSIS, WITHOUT JOINTS, MAY INCLUDE SOFT INTERFACE, STRAPS, PREFABRICATED, OFF-THE-SHELF