L3927 (FINGER ORTHOSIS, PROXIMAL INTERPHALANGEAL (PIP)/DISTAL INTERPHALANGEAL (DIP), WITHOUT JOINT/SPRING, EXTENSION/FLEXION (E.G., STATIC OR RING TYPE), MAY INCLUDE SOFT INTERFACE MATERIAL, PREFABRICATED, OFF-THE-SHELF)
- The device is manufactured in quantity without a specific beneficiary in mind.
- Meets the DMEPOS Quality Standards (Appendix C) definition of minimal self-adjustment which requires an adjustment the patient, caretaker for the patient, or device supplier can perform without an individual with expertise.
- Static rigid or semi-rigid ring type design or equal that extends to either the DIP and/or PIP.
- Includes all interface materials and closures.
- Statically supports the proximal interphalangeal or distal interphalangeal joint by controlling PIP or DIP flexion and/or extension.
Corresponding prefabricated custom fitted HCPCS code: