L3933 (FINGER ORTHOSIS, WITHOUT JOINTS, MAY INCLUDE SOFT INTERFACE, CUSTOM FABRICATED, INCLUDES FITTING AND ADJUSTMENT)
- The device is individually made for a specific patient using basic materials in uncut or unshaped forms which involves substantial work such as vacuum forming, cutting, bending, molding, sewing, drilling, and finishing before a patient fitting.
- Meets DMEPOS Quality Standards (Appendix C) definition for custom fabrication.
- Static rigid anterior and/or posterior shell that extends to parts of the finger.
- Includes all interface materials and closures.
- Immobilizes the proximal interphalangeal and/or distal interphalangeal joint in a fixed position.